This course is available in Paper format and Online.
This home study Human Resources course is designed for people who work in or wish to work in the field of Human Resource administration and management. The course covers a wide range of topics which will provide you with an excellent foundation for CIPD studies.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: email@example.com, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Human Resource Management at QLS Level 3
Course code: BSM17
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
The aims of this course are to enable students to:
- develop a broad understanding of the principles of HR administration and management
- learn techniques and good practice for Human Resource administration
- prepare for studying CIPD qualifications
- extend their existing HR knowledge and experience
Unit One: Human Resource Management – Introduction
- New Ideas of Organising the HR Function
- Trends in HR Management
- Debt & deregulation
- Demographic change
Unit 2: Strategic Human Resources Management
- Relationship of strategic HRM to the strategy of the business
- Business strategy
- Levels of strategy
- Strategic direction
- Strategy in diversified companies
- Development and communication of business strategy
- Integrating Business and Human Resource Strategy
- Problems of integration
- Developing Human Resources Strategies
Unit 3: Human Resource & Change Management
- Change Management
- Types of change
- Changing people
- Methods of change management
- General guidelines for a change management programme
- The role of HR and HR specialists in change management
Unit 4: Human Resource Planning
- Purpose and objectives of human resource planning
- The nature of the human resource
- The relationship between human resource planning and corporate planning
- Human resource planning activities
- Human Resource Planning Methods
- Forecasting Internal Labour Supply
- Analysis of staff leaving the organisation
- Individual analysis
Unit 5: Job analysis
- Analysing the Job Function
- The functional effectiveness of work
- Human welfare in work
- Environment and conditions of employment
- The Use of Job Analysis
- Recruitment and selection
- Unit 6: Recruitment and Selection
- Employment conditions
- Recruiting through consultants or agencies
- Psychometric testing
Unit 7: Employee Performance
- The Performance Cycle
- Planning performance
- Supporting performance
- On-going review
- What should be appraised?
- Personality and appraisals
- 360-Degree Feedback
- Performance Management Systems
- Team Performance
- Teams within organisations
- Types of Teams
- Cross-functional management teams
- Functional team
- Team effectiveness
- Selecting team members
- Team development
Unit 8: Reward Management
- Money and Motivation
- Linking performance to pay
- Motivation and incentives
- Individual Employee Incentive and Recognition Programmes
- Pros and cons of piecework
- Non-financial and recognition based awards
- Practical incentives
- Incentives for Salespeople
- Incentives for Managers and Executives
Unit 9: Employee Relations – Grievance and Discipline
- HR managers, grievances and disciplinaries
- What is discipline?
- Team discipline
- What is a grievance?
- Grievance procedures
- Formal procedures
- Disciplinary procedures
At the end of this course successful learners will be given the option to receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. The Quality Licence Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The Quality Licence Scheme is part of the Skills and Education Group, a charitable organisation that unites education and skills-orientated organisations that share similar values and objectives. With more than 100 years of collective experience, the Skills and Education Group’s strategic partnerships create opportunities to inform, influence and represent the wider education and skills sector.
The Skills and Education Group also includes two nationally recognised awarding organisations; Skills and Education Group Awards and Skills and Education Group Access. Through our awarding organisations we have developed a reputation for providing high-quality qualifications and assessments for the education and skills sector. We are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life.
Our knowledge and experience of working within the awarding sector enables us to work with training providers, through the Quality Licence Scheme, to help them develop high-quality courses and/or training programmes for the non-regulated market.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3£445.00