This course is available in Paper or Online format.
This Workplace Law course is designed for people who wish to learn how the law and regulation impact on the running of a business and who wish to develop policies and procedures which comply with current legislation.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Tag: Workplace Law.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: email@example.com, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Workplace Law at QLS Level 3
Course code: SH127
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months (Approx. 90 hours)
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
The objectives of the course are to:
- Describe the legal framework within which workplace law operates
- Examine the legal framework in which employment of people operates
- Analyse the impact of law on the relationship with clients and customers
- Understand the range of health and safety legislation which impacts on business operations
The course is divided up into four units, as follows:
Unit 1 Introduction
- The UK legal system and workplace law
- Statute law
- Common law
- European law
- Institutions associated with workplace law
Unit 2 Employing People and the Law
- Recruiting staff and the law
- The recruitment and selection process
- Understanding the vacancy
- Application forms
- Short listing
- Selection tests
- Making a decision
- Record keeping
- Data protection
- The recruitment and selection process
- Retaining employees and the law
- Employment status
- An employment contract
- Legislation relating to the employment of staff
- Working hours
- Pay rights
- The Equality Act
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
- Fixed Term Employment (prevention of less favourable treatment) Regulations 2002
- Part time workers
- Discrimination over membership and non-membership of unions
- Data protection rights
- Whistle blowing
- Monitoring and surveillance of employees
- Parting with employees and the law
- The statutory dismissal and disciplinary procedure
- Disciplinary Procedures
- When to take disciplinary and dismissal actions
- Business transfers
- Standard Grievance procedure
- Collective rights
- Employee representation
Unit 3 Customer Relationships and the Law
- Creating a legally valid customer contract
- Terms and conditions
- Unfair terms in Customer Contracts Regulations 1999
- Potential problems with goods and services
- Rectifying a problem
- Making a complaint
- Creating a valid Business to Business Contract
- Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977
- Distance Selling Regulations
- The Doorstep Selling Regulations
- E-Commerce Regulations 2002
- The Consumer Protections from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008
- The Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008
- Guarantees and warranties
- Product Liability
- Consumer Protection Act 1987
- The General Product Safety Regulations 2005
- Claiming in the small claims court
Unit 4 Health and Safety and the Law
- Legal Framework
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- The Smoke-free Premises and Enforcement Regulations 2006
- Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations 1992
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
- Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
- The Health and Safety Information for Employees Regulations 1989
- Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) Act 1969
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 1995 (RIDDOR)
- Noise at Work Regulations 1989
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH)
- Enforcement of health and safety regulations
At the end of this course successful learners will be given the option to receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. The Quality Licence Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The Quality Licence Scheme is part of the Skills and Education Group, a charitable organisation that unites education and skills-orientated organisations that share similar values and objectives. With more than 100 years of collective experience, the Skills and Education Group’s strategic partnerships create opportunities to inform, influence and represent the wider education and skills sector.
The Skills and Education Group also includes two nationally recognised awarding organisations; Skills and Education Group Awards and Skills and Education Group Access. Through our awarding organisations we have developed a reputation for providing high-quality qualifications and assessments for the education and skills sector. We are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life.
Our knowledge and experience of working within the awarding sector enables us to work with training providers, through the Quality Licence Scheme, to help them develop high-quality courses and/or training programmes for the non-regulated market.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.