This course is available in Paper format and Online.
This comprehensive Home Study Business Management course from the Distance Learning specialists, UK Distance Learning and Publishing, has been specially written by an experienced tutor and practitioner in the area of Business Management.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: email@example.com, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Business Management at QLS Level 3
Course code: BSM16
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
As you will see from the description of the course below, the range of the various components of the study of Business Management is enormous. We cover it all, so that whatever your next step might be, you will have a good grounding of the theory involved prior to undertaking on-the-job experience. If, however, you are already working in a business environment, your expertise will be increased considerably.
The course will explore the theory and practice of the following broad areas, all of which are fundamental to operating effectively in a business environment:
Unit 1: Management and the Manager
- What is management?
- Function of managers
- Coordination: the essence of management
- Organisational Structures
Unit 2: Management and Decision Making
- Types of decisions
- Decision Making Models
- SWOT analysis
- Internal and external factors that influence decision making
- Tutor Marked Assignment 1
Unit 3: Employee Performance
- The Performance Cycle
- Planning performance
- Supporting performance
- On-going review
- What should be appraised?
- Personality and appraisals
- 360-degree Feedback
- Performance Management Systems
- Team Performance
- Teams within organisations
- Cross-functional management teams
- Functional teams
- Problem-solving teams
- Are teams always the way forward?
- Tutor Marked Assignment 2
Unit 4: Financial Management
- Total and average costs
- Direct and indirect costs
- Price, Total Revenue and Profit
- How to calculate the business revenue
- Calculation of profit
- Break-even Analysis and Decision-Making
- Contribution and contribution per unit
- Contribution and break-even
- Changing overheads
- Target profit levels of activity
- Introduction to cash flow forecasting
- Forecasting cash flow
- Importance of forecasting cash flow for businesses
- Setting of Budgets
- Income, expenditure and profit budgets
- Balance sheet analysis
- Interpreting Published Accounts
- Liquidity ratios
- Financial efficiency ratios
- Shareholder ratios
- Selecting Financial Strategies
- Return on investment (ROI)
- Discounted cash flow (DCF)
Tutor Marked Assignment 3
Unit 5: Marketing Management
- What is marketing?
- Features of marketing
- The importance of marketing
- Approaches to running a business: product or market?
- Objectives of Marketing and Market Research
- Market research
- Methods of primary and secondary market research
- Primary research
- Secondary research
- Pros and cons of research methods
- Qualitative and quantitative research
- Variations between qualitative and quantitative research
- Market segmentation
- Market research data analysis
- Niche and Mass Marketing
- The marketing mix
- Designing an effective marketing mix
- Product lifecycle
Unit 6: Operations Management
- Making Operational Decisions
- Capacity utilisation
- Non-standard orders
- Effective Operations Management: Quality
- Quality control (QC) and quality assurance (QA)
- Systems of quality assurance
- Quality standards and concepts
- An introduction to quality systems and their management
- Effective Operations Management: Customer Service
- Effective Operations Management: Working with Suppliers
- Role of suppliers in enhanced operational performance
- Tutor Marked Assignment 4
Unit 7: Change Management
- What is Change Management?
- Internal Causes of Change
- Planning for Change
- Key Influences on the Change Process: Leadership
- Key Influences on the Change Process: Culture
- Making Strategic Decisions
- Importance of information management
- Implementing and managing Change
- Force field analysis
Unit 8: External Influences on a Business
- Inflation and your Business
- Causes of inflation
- Effects of inflation
- The business cycle
- The effect of lack of growth on the business
- Surviving a recession
- Tutor Marked Assignment 5
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3£445.00