This course is available in Paper format and Online.
This course is designed to help you recognise the signs of poor mental health, either in yourself or someone you know, such as your partner, friend, family member or work colleague.
It aims to give you an overview of the possible causes of the mental health problem, understand how you can best help that person overcome their current issue, and know what professional support and advice is available and how to access it, should that person need such help.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Mental Health Coaching at QLS Level 3
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
Intro & objectives:
- To understand what Mental Health is
- To identify signs of poor mental health
- To understand theories of mental health
- Prevention of poor mental health in the workplace and on a personal level
- Learn strategies to combat poor mental health
- Understand the different tiers of mental health care in the NHS and who to contact when help is required
The Course Includes the Following Units:-
Unit 1 – Poor mental health
- What is mental health?
- Who is affected by poor mental health?
- What affects mental health?
- Signs of poor mental health
- Common types of mental health issues
- Premenstrual stress
- Eating disorders
- Panic disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
Unit 2 – Theories and models of mental health
- Theories of mental health
- Analytic Psychology
- Psychoanalytic Psychology
- Behaviourist theory
- Humanistic Psychology
- Attachment theory
- Types of therapy used to address mental health issues
- Gestalt therapy
- Cognitive behaviour therapy
- Scheme therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
- Dialectical behaviour therapy
- Drama and art therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy
- Person-centred therapy
- Solution focussed therapy
- Mindfulness cognitive therapy
- Alternative and complementary therapies
Unit 3 – Measuring mental health
- Methods used to measure mental health
- Adult’s wellbeing measuring tools
- Children’s wellbeing measuring tools
Unit 4 – Primary, secondary and tertiary prevention of mental health issues
- Prevention of mental health issues in the workplace
- Primary prevention in the workplace
- Secondary prevention in the workplace
- Tertiary prevention in the workplace
- Prevention of mental health issues on a personal level
- Primary prevention on a personal level
- Secondary prevention on a personal level
- Tertiary prevention on a personal level
Unit 5 – Interventions and strategies to combat poor mental health
- Dealing with anxiety and panic attacks
- Dealing with stress and burn-out
- Dealing with depression
- Dealing with addiction
- Dealing with premenstrual stress
- Dealing with eating disorders
- Dealing with self-harm
- Dealing with suicidal thoughts
- Dealing with abuse
- Dealing with post-traumatic stress disorder
- Dealing with sexual orientation issues
Unit 6 – Primary, secondary and tertiary mental health care in the NHS
- The NHS mental health care system
- NHS Primary mental health care
- NHS Secondary mental health care
- NHS Tertiary mental health care
- The integrated care system
- Types of mental health care teams
- NHS mental health care of older adults
- NHS mental health care of children and young people
Unit 7 – Who to contact for help
- Free 24-hour listening support
- Crisis support services for young people
- Other useful contacts
At the end of this course successful learners will be given the option to receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. The Quality Licence Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The Quality Licence Scheme is part of the Skills and Education Group, a charitable organisation that unites education and skills-orientated organisations that share similar values and objectives. With more than 100 years of collective experience, the Skills and Education Group’s strategic partnerships create opportunities to inform, influence and represent the wider education and skills sector.
The Skills and Education Group also includes two nationally recognised awarding organisations; Skills and Education Group Awards and Skills and Education Group Access. Through our awarding organisations we have developed a reputation for providing high-quality qualifications and assessments for the education and skills sector. We are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life.
Our knowledge and experience of working within the awarding sector enables us to work with training providers, through the Quality Licence Scheme, to help them develop high-quality courses and/or training programmes for the non-regulated market.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Students are encouraged to submit assignments by email for speed and efficiency in marking, but postal assignments are still accepted.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
You may also like…
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3£445.00