This course is available in Online or Paper format
The course is available to learners 16+ who wish to work within a school or college, particularly in the role of a Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant or Learning Support Assistant. It is a knowledge based qualification which can be studied prior to taking up a placement or permanent position.
It is ideally suited to students seeking a qualification prior to taking up a learning support position.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: email@example.com, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3 Award
Course code: SH302b
Delivery method: Online or Paper Based
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools
Ofqual Qual No: 603/2495/8
Awarding body: CACHE
Aims & Objectives
The course aims to enable learners to understand the roles and responsibilities of those involved in supporting teaching and learning in schools and colleges, and provides an opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge required to do this effectively and in a self-directed way. It prepares learners to support the teacher and the delivery of curriculum within a school or college, as well as developing skills to help children and young people to develop self-esteem, independence and skills for learning. It seeks to further develop professional and technical skills and knowledge, and an understanding of the importance of positive relationships within education.
This is a knowledge based qualification assessed through tutor marked assignments and does not require a school placement.
This qualification provides a progression route to the level 3 certificate and four unit credits towards that qualification.
The course consists of four units:
Qual reference number: 603/2495/8
CACHE LEVEL 3 AWARD IN SUPPORTING TEACHING AND LEARNING
Unit 1: Schools and colleges as organisations
- Understand the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- Understand how schools and colleges are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- Understand teamwork in schools and colleges
- Understand educational ethos, mission, aims and values
- CACHE REF: STL3C1
- Ofqual REf: T/616/5878
Unit 2: Support health and safety in a learning environment
- Understand how to plan and provide environments that support children and young people’s health and safety
- Understand how to recognise and manage risks to health, safety and security in a learning environment or during off-site visits
- Understand how to support children and young people to assess and manage risk for themselves
- Understand appropriate responses to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness in the learning environment and during off-site visits
- Understand own role in assisting in the administration of medication
- CACHE REF: STL3C2
- Ofqual REf: A/616/5879
Unit 3: Understand how to safeguard children and young people
- Understand legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- Understand how to work in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- Understand the need to ensure children and young people’s safety and protection in the learning environment
- Understand how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- Understand how to work with children and young people to support their well-being
- CACHE REF: STL3C3
- Ofqual REf: M/616/5880
Unit 4: Understand how children and young people develop
- Understand the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- Understand the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- Understand how to monitor children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
- CACHE REF: STL3C5
- Ofqual REf: A/616/5882
Your study pack is dispatched in full at the time of enrolment and provides all you need to complete your studies:
- Comprehensive study notes for each element of the course
- Self-assessment activities
- Tutor support
- Assignment marking & feedback
The course is designed for study by distance learning at work or at home. Students receive course manual, assignments and studyguide plus tutor support by mail and email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of enrolment.
CACHE Level 3 Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning
Ofqual Qual No: 603/2495/8
This course provides successful students with a qualification from NCFE-CACHE, regulated by Ofqual. Cache is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) in England and by the Welsh Government. This is a knowledge based qualification suitable for support roles in schools and colleges, including site staff, administrators etc as well as those who work directly with children and young people.
This qualification seeks to develop the knowledge and understanding that all those working in a school/college setting will need and covers areas such as safeguarding, communication and understanding the learning context.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at work or at home. No placement in school or college is required. Students receive course manual, assignments and studyguide plus tutor support by mail and email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of enrolment.
Each course unit requires the completion of a tutor marked assignment which consists of a series of knowledge based tasks requiring essay style answers.
Students may register at any time and have a full year to complete their studies. The course will take around 90 hours of study to complete.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.