This course is available in Paper format and also online.
Education is one of the most vital activities in keeping our society together. Helping young people to gain knowledge and life skills is one of the most rewarding aspects of this. This home study Teaching Assistant course has been designed for those who want a challenging introduction to the theory and practice of working alongside teachers in the classroom.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Teaching Assistant at QLS Level 3
Course code: CLD10
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
This home study Teaching Assistant course will prepare you to take your place alongside a qualified teacher in any school in the UK. By studying the course you will gain a real insight into education and it will provide you with the skills and knowledge to be able to take part in a wide range of classroom support activities.
Unit 1: The Learning Environment
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the teaching Assistant in a learning environment
- Understand how to organise and maintain the learning environment
- Know how to plan, prepare and use a variety of resources and materials to support pupil learning
- Understand how to keep relevant records of pupil performance and progress and contribute to teacher records and reports
- Understand the relevant legislation, policies and procedures which support the health and safety of pupils in the learning environment, and know how to keep pupils safe and secure
- Know how to deal with emergency and first aid situations
- Know how to develop positive relationships with colleagues
Unit 2: Supporting Classroom Practices
- Understand the process of growth and development at specific ages
- Understand the factors which influence the development and behaviour of pupils
- Know how to observe pupil development and behaviour
- Understand how to interact and communicate effectively with pupils
- Understand the importance of planning, preparation and delivery of learning
Unit 3: Supporting the School
- Understand how the school is governed from a local and national perspective
- Understand the key legislation and principal Acts affecting school governance
- Understand the impact of key health and safety legislation on the role of the teaching Assistant
- Understand the key rights and responsibilities of both employer and employee
- Understand the implications of key policies for the promotion of Equal Opportunities and Diversity in the learning environment
Unit 4: Supporting Pupils with Disabilities and Special Educational Needs
- Understand the relevant legislation and codes of practice for inclusion that affect provision for pupils with disabilities or special educational needs
- Know how to encourage pupils with disabilities or special educational needs to participate in activities
- Know how to provide support to pupils with disabilities or special educational needs and their families according to the procedures of the setting
- Understand the principles of the partnership approach in working with the families of pupils with disabilities or special educational needs
Unit 5: Supporting Literacy and Numeracy
- Know about a range of strategies to support literacy and numeracy in the classroom
- Know how to support literacy and numeracy activities using a range of strategies and resources
- Understand how pupils develop literacy and numeracy skills
- Understand the national strategies and school policies for literacy and numeracy
Unit 6: Supporting the use of Information and Communication Technology
- Be able to prepare ICT resources for use in teaching and learning
- Understand how to support the use of ICT resources for teaching and learning
- Understand how to adapt ICT resources for teaching and learning in order to meet the individual learning needs of pupils
- This unit is about the support a Teaching Assistant provides in the classroom. It covers the preparation and use of information and communication technology equipment, and its maintenance
Unit 7: Supporting Play and Learning
- Understand the importance and benefits of play for pupils development and learning
- Know how to support and encourage imaginative, creative and physical play
- Understand the role of the adult in encouraging pupils to explore and investigate
Each unit has a Tutor Marked Assignment for you to complete. These are sent to your tutor who will respond to you with detailed feedback, enabling you to learn from their experience, and improve your knowledge and skills.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3£445.00