This course is available in Paper format and also online.
- Our Teaching Assistant distance learning course gives you the opportunity to take the first step in becoming a Teaching Assistant. By studying the course, you will gain comprehensive knowledge and a range of skills enabling you to take part in a wide range of support activities in the classroom. The course will help you gain employment as a result.
- If you are already working as a Teaching Assistant, then the course will complement perfectly your hands-on experience.
- This course will provide you with invaluable information about the wider educational world and specifically about how teachers have to plan, prepare, deliver and assess. Your role in that process could be critical.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Teaching Assistant at QLS Level 2
Course code: CLD09
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 2
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you interested in encouraging their potential? Do you value the importance of education in their development? Could you work well under a qualified teacher? If the answer to all these is yes, then this superb Distance Learning Teaching Assistant course is for you.
Unit 1: The Learning Environment
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the teaching Assistant in a learning environment
- Understand how to organise and maintain the learning environment
- Know how to plan, prepare and use a variety of resources and materials to support pupil learning
- Understand how to keep relevant records of pupil performance and progress and contribute to teacher records and reports
- Understand the relevant legislation, policies and procedures which support the health and safety of pupils in the learning environment, and know how to keep pupils safe and secure
- Know how to deal with emergency and first aid situations
- Know how to develop positive relationships with colleagues
Unit 2: Supporting Classroom Practices
- Understand the process of growth and development at specific ages
- Understand the factors which influence the development and behaviour of pupils
- Know how to observe pupil development and behaviour
- Understand how to interact and communicate effectively with pupils
- Understand the importance of planning, preparation and delivery of learning
Unit 3: Supporting the School
- Understand how the school is governed from a local and national perspective
- Understand the key legislation and principal Acts affecting school governance
- Understand the impact of key health and safety legislation on the role of the teaching Assistant
- Understand the key rights and responsibilities of both employer and employee
- Understand the implications of key policies for the promotion of Equal Opportunities and Diversity in the learning environment
Unit 4: Supporting Pupils with Disabilities and Special Educational Needs.
- Understand the relevant legislation and codes of practice for inclusion that affect provision for pupils with disabilities or special educational needs
- Know how to encourage pupils with disabilities or special educational needs to participate in activities
- Know how to provide support to pupils with disabilities or special educational needs and their families according to the procedures of the setting
- Understand the principles of the partnership approach in working with the families of pupils with disabilities or special educational needs
Unit 5: Supporting Literacy and Numeracy
- Know about a range of strategies to support literacy and numeracy in the classroom
- Know how to support literacy and numeracy activities using a range of strategies and resources
- Understand how pupils develop literacy and numeracy skills
- Understand the national strategies and school policies for literacy and numeracy
Unit 6: Supporting the use of Information and Communication Technology
- Be able to prepare ICT resources for use in teaching and learning
- Understand how to support the use of ICT resources for teaching and learning
- Understand how to adapt ICT resources for teaching and learning in order to meet the individual learning needs of pupils
Unit 7: Supporting Play and Learning
- Understand the importance and benefits of play for pupils development and learning
- Know how to support and encourage imaginative, creative and physical play
- Understand the role of the adult in encouraging pupils to explore and investigate
Each unit has a Tutor Marked Assignment for you to complete. These are sent to your tutor who will respond to you with detailed feedback, enabling you to learn from their experience, and improve your knowledge and skills.
At the end of this course successful learners will be given the option to receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. The Quality Licence Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The Quality Licence Scheme is part of the Skills and Education Group, a charitable organisation that unites education and skills-orientated organisations that share similar values and objectives. With more than 100 years of collective experience, the Skills and Education Group’s strategic partnerships create opportunities to inform, influence and represent the wider education and skills sector.
The Skills and Education Group also includes two nationally recognised awarding organisations; Skills and Education Group Awards and Skills and Education Group Access. Through our awarding organisations we have developed a reputation for providing high-quality qualifications and assessments for the education and skills sector. We are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life.
Our knowledge and experience of working within the awarding sector enables us to work with training providers, through the Quality Licence Scheme, to help them develop high-quality courses and/or training programmes for the non-regulated market.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 2£495.00