This course is available in Paper format.
This distance learning Special Education Needs course will provide you with all the underpinning knowledge you need if you wish to work in a support role with children who have Special Educational Needs (SEN). This course is suitable for Teaching Assistants wishing to expand their knowledge.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: email@example.com, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Teaching Assistant for Special Education Needs at QLS Level 3
Course code: CLD21
Delivery method: Paper Based
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
- Learn how special educational needs impact upon the learning and development of children.
- Discover how you can adapt learning for children with speech, language and communication difficulties.
- Learn the different methods of adapting learning for children with behavioural, social and emotional difficulties.
- Discover you can make a difference to children’s learning through identifying and planning for the special educational needs (SENs) of each individual
Unit 1: Working with Children with Special Educational Needs
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Types of discrimination
- The Equality Act 2010
- Special Educational Needs (SEN) Code of Practice
- The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child
- The United Nations Convention on Persons with Disabilities
- Inclusive practice
- Working in partnership
- Adapting practice
Unit 2: Understanding and Promoting Children’s Development
- Pattern and sequence of child development
- Influences on development
- Why development may not follow the expected pattern
Unit 3: Speech, Language and Communication (SLC) Difficulties
- Defining speech, language and communication difficulties
- Effects and impact of SLC difficulties
- Adapting communication methods
- Supporting English as an additional language
- Supporting speech and language difficulties
Unit 4: Social, Emotional and Behavioural (SEB) Difficulties
- Psychological needs
- External triggers
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- The link between SEB and language difficulties
Unit 5: Chronic Illnesses and Physical Disabilities
- Physical disabilities
- Cystic fibrosis
- Spina bifida
- Visual impairments
- Hearing impairments
Unit 6: Assessment and Planning to Meet Individual Needs
- Identifying individual needs
- A child-centred approach
- Assessment frameworks
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3£445.00