This course is available in Paper format or Online.
The course is available to learners 16+ who are working within a school or college, particularly in the role of a Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant or Learning Support Assistant. It is a competence based qualification which requires students to be employed in a school/college setting or to have placement. In particular it is for those members of the education workforce who directly support teaching & learning of pupils in an area that requires specialist knowledge and skills.
The qualification is designed for those learners already working or volunteering in a learning support role in a school or college environment who want to develop their knowledge and skills or confirm occupational competency. There is a requirement for assessment in a real work environment so learners must have a placement (either as a volunteer or as a member of staff) in a school/college environment. Learners must be at least 16 to take this qualification.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Need Help? Contact Us Leave Feedback
Categories: Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3.
Tags: Child Care, Child Development, Children, Early Years, Teaching & Learning in Schools.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
CACHE Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3
Course code: CLD24
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning
Ofqual Qual No: 603/2496/X
Awarding body: CACHE
The course aims to enable learners to understand the roles and responsibilities of those involved in supporting teaching and learning in education, especially where that support requires specialist knowledge and skills.
This is a competence based qualification designed for those already working or volunteering in a school environment, directly supporting the teaching and learning of pupils in an area that requires specialist knowledge and skills, within primary, secondary or special schools, or colleges. It is suitable for adult learners completing it as a standalone qualification to confirm occupational competence whilst working in various specialist support roles.
Learners will develop the knowledge and skills required to provide specialist support to teachers and pupils, including:
• supporting children with special education needs
• supporting children’s speech, language and communication
• supporting disabled children
• supporting learners with behavioural emotional and social development needs
Learners will also develop a wide range of personal, transferable skills, such as teamwork, mentoring, communication skills, self – assessment, planning and personal development which will benefit them as they progress through employment roles.
Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning (CACHE)
Ofqual Qual No: 603/2496/X
Unit 1: Schools and colleges as organisations
- the structure of education from early years to post-compulsory education
- how schools and colleges are organised in terms of roles and responsibilities
- teamwork in schools and colleges
- educational ethos, mission, aims and values
- Ofqual RefT/616/5878
Unit 2: Support health and safety in a learning environment
- plan and provide environments that support children and young people’s health and safety
- recognise and manage risks to health, safety and security in a learning environment or during off-site visits
- support children and young people to assess and manage risk for themselves
- appropriate responses to accidents, incidents, emergencies and illness in the learning environment and during off-site visits
- own role in assisting in the administration of medication
- Ofqual Ref A/616/5879
Unit 3: Understand how to safeguard children and young people
- legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures for safeguarding children and young people
- how to work in partnership with other organisations to safeguard children and young people
- the need to ensure children and young people’s safety and protection in the learning environment
- how to respond to evidence or concerns that a child or young person has been abused or harmed
- how to work with children and young people to support their well-being
- Ofqual Ref M/616/5880
Unit 4: Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- the principles of developing positive relationships with children, young people and adults
- legislation, policies and procedures for confidentiality and sharing information, including data protection
- develop professional relationships with children and young people
- communicate with children and young people
- develop professional relationships with adults
- support children and young people in developing relationship
- support inclusion and inclusive practices in work with children and young people
- Ofqual Ref T/616/5881
Unit 5: Understand how children and young people develop
- the expected pattern of development for children and young people from birth to 19 years
- the factors that influence children and young people’s development and how these affect practice
- monitor children and young people’s development and interventions that should take place if this is not following the expected pattern
- Ofqual Ref A/616/5882
Unit 6: Support positive behaviour in children and young people
- policies and procedures for promoting children and young people’s positive behaviour in a learning environment
- promote positive behaviour
- manage behaviour that challenges in a learning environment
- Ofqual Ref F/616/5883
Unit 7: Support children and young people during learning activities
- contribute to planning learning activities
- prepare for learning activities
- support learning activities
- observe and report on learner participation and progress
- contribute to the evaluation of learning activities
- Ofqual Ref J/616/5884
Unit 8: Support English and maths skills
- identify learner needs for English and maths support
- provide English support to help learners access teaching and learning
- provide maths support to help learners access teaching and learning
- Ofqual Ref L/616/5885
Unit 9: Support the use of ICT in the learning environment
- policy and procedures for the use of ICT for teaching and learning
- prepare ICT resources for use in teaching and learning
- support the use of ICT for teaching and learning
- Ofqual Ref M/616/5958
Unit 10: Support assessment for learning
- purpose and characteristics of assessment for learning
- use assessment strategies to promote learning
- support learners in reviewing their learning strategies and achievements
- contribute to reviewing assessment for learning
- maintain learner records
- Ofqual Ref J/616/5965
Unit 11: Engage in personal and professional development
- what is required for competence in own work role
- reflect on organisational practice
- evaluate own performance
- agree a personal development plan
- use learning opportunities and reflective practice to contribute to personal development
- Ofqual Ref L/616/5966
Unit 12: Support children and young people’s speech, language and communication
- the importance of speech, language and communication for children and young people’s overall development
- the role of support staff when supporting speech, language and communication development in the learning environment
- provide support for the speech, language and communication development of children and young people in the learning environment
- contribute to maintaining a positive environment that supports speech, language and communication
- Ofqual Ref D/616/5969
Unit 13: Understand how to support bilingual learners
- contribute to the assessment of bilingual learners
- support bilingual learners to access the curriculum
- Ofqual Ref Y/616/5971
Unit 14: Understand how to support learning of children & young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- the principles of inclusive practice and the rights of disabled children and young people and those with special educational needs
- obtain information about individual needs, capabilities and interests of disabled children and young people, and those with special educational needs
- special educational needs of children and young people with cognition and learning needs
- special educational needs of children and young people with emotional, behavioural and social development needs
- special educational needs of learners with sensory and/or physical needs
- the kinds of strategies needed to support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
- Ofqual Ref A/616/5977
Unit 15: Support children and young people during transitions
- the range and impact of transitions that children and young people may experience
- recognise and respond to transitions in children and young people’s lives
- support children and young people to manage transitions in their lives
- Ofqual Ref F/616/5978
Unit 16: Support the role of play, leisure and extra-curricular activities for children and young people
- the nature and importance of play and leisure
- own role in relation to the requirements of play and leisure activities
- balance risk and challenge with the benefits of the play and leisure opportunity
- Ofqual Ref J/616/5979
Your study pack is dispatched in full at the time of enrolment and provides all you need to complete your studies:
• Comprehensive study notes for each element of the course
• Tutor support
• Assignment marking & feedback
•Accreditation & Certification
CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching & Learning
Ofqual Qual No: 603/2496/X
This course provides successful students with a qualification from NCFE – CACHE, regulated by Ofqual. CACHE is an Awarding Organisation recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) in England and by the Welsh Government.
This is a competence based qualification suitable for all learning support roles in schools and colleges, including site staff, administrators etc as well as those who work directly with children and young people. It seeks to develop the knowledge understanding and skills that all those working in a school/college setting will need and covers areas such as safeguarding, communication and understanding the learning context.
Please Note: a work placement sufficient to undertake the range of experiences required is needed to complete this qualification.
The course is designed for study by distance learning at work or at home, but requires a placement in school or college. Students receive course manual, assignments and studyguide plus tutor support by mail and email. You can start at any time and plan your studies over a period of up to one year from the time of enrolment. In addition, students of this qualification will need to arrange and undertake a work placement with which to provide practical skills development opportunities. There is no minimum duration for the placement but students should seek a placement sufficient to gather te evidence of learning required by each study unit of the course.
Method of Assessment
Students are required to compile a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their learning and skills against each of the assessment criteria of the course. Portfolios are assessed by a tutor. Some portfolio evidence will need to be witnessed by a competent person in the workplace hence students must be employed in school or college, or arrange and complete a voluntary work experience placement.
Course Length Information
Students may register at any time and have a full year to complete their studies. The course will take around 250 hours of study to complete.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
There are no reviews yet.