This course is available in Paper format and Online.
This programme is designed for people who work in or wish to work in the field of Human Resource administration and management.
The course consists of nine study units from which students may elect to study ANY FIVE. This provides a very flexible form of study giving an opportunity for students to choose units which are most appropriate to their job, career or personal development needs.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: email@example.com, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Human Resources at QLS Level 3
Course code: SH026
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months (Approx. 150 hours)
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
The objectives of the course are to:
- Develop a broad understanding of the principles of HR administration & management
- Learn techniques and good practice for Human Resource administration
- Select a modular approach to study which provides opportunities to specialise
- Prepare for studying CIPD qualifications
- Extend their existing HR knowledge and experience
- Gain a recognised award from a leading UK awarding body
The course is divided up into nine units, as follows:
HR1 Recruitment and Selection
- Overview – The Recruitment Process
- Defining the Vacancy
- The Power of Advertising
- The Use of Agencies
- Targeted Selection –
- Competency based Interviewing
- Selection and Making an Offer
- The Importance of Diversity
- The Induction of New Staff
HR2 Human Resources Legislation
- Employers rights and obligations
- Employees rights and obligations
HR3 Employee Relations
- Managing Employee Relations
- Staff Motivation
- Dealing with Conflict
- Grievance Procedure
- Disciplinary Procedure
HR4 Performance Management
- Monitoring & Recording Performance
- Performance Agreement
- Performance Plan
- Monitor and Review
- Performance Review
HR5 Records & Systems
- Importance of Keeping Records
- How and When to Store Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Email and use of the Internet within Personnel
- Understanding the Payroll Function
- Paying an Employee
- Pay Statements
HR7 Training and Development
- Identifying Training Needs
- Choosing External Training
- Planning the Training
- Preparing the Training
- Delivering the Training
- Evaluating the Training
HR8 Team Building
- The aims of team building
- Organisation and planning
- How to get the most out of a team
- A successful team building structure
- Taking team building into the office
- Further information on team building
HR9 Coaching & Mentoring Staff
- Coaching Staff
- Understanding Coaching
- When to Coach
- Providing Feedback
- Setting Objectives
- When to Intervene
- Review & Learn from the Experience
- Common Problems
- Mentoring Staff
- Role & Responsibilities In Mentoring
- Identify Individual Mentoring Needs
- Effective Mentoring Relationships
- Review Progress
- Evaluating Effectiveness of Own Practice
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.