This course is available in Paper format.
This Forensic Psychology home study course is designed for anyone interested in understanding the use of psychological principles to understand the behaviour of criminals and the value of psychology in the detection of crime.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Forensic Psychology at QLS Level 3
Course code: CFP03
Delivery method: Paper Based
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
The aims of this course are to:
- recognise how different research methods can help us research criminal behaviour
- understand current theory in relation to the committing of offences
- describe typical personal traits of offenders and how profiling can assist detection of crime
- examine witness testimony and the behaviour of witnesses in the courtroom
- review the use of forensic psychology in prevention of re-offending
Introduction to Forensic Psychology
History of the development of Forensic Psychology
- Research Methods in Forensic Psychology
- Research Design and Methodology
- Critical evaluation of psychological research
- Theories of offending
- Introduction to theories of offending
- Theories of sexual offending
- Theories of violent offending
- Theories of fire-setting behaviour
- Personal Attributes of offenders
- Personal characteristics of offenders
- Personality disordered offenders
- Psychopathic offenders
- Mental Illness and offending
- Forensic Psychology in Police
- Investigations – Offender Profiling
- An Introduction to Offender Profiling
- Approaches to Offender Profiling
- The effectiveness of Offender Profiling
- Forensic Psychology in the Courtroom
- Eye witness testimony
- Expert witness testimony
- Attitudes towards victims
- Forensic Psychology in practice
- ‘What works’ literature in reducing re-offending
- Interventions to reduce risk of re-offending
- Incident management (Crisis Negotiation)
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
This course has been endorsed by ABC Awards and Certa Awards for its high-quality. The Quality Licence Scheme, endorses high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme has been endorsed by the Quality Licence Scheme for its high-quality, non-regulated provision and training programmes. This course and/or training programme is not regulated by Ofqual and is not an accredited qualification. Your training provider will be able to advise you on any further recognition, for example progression routes into further and/or higher education. For further information please visit the Learner FAQs on the Quality Licence Scheme website.
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3£445.00