This course is available in Paper format and also online.
Our Childcare Home Practitioners course gives you a valuable insight into understanding the role of learning and development in childcare settings. The course deals with the legal requirements for setting up a childcare business from your own home and covers the frameworks of early education including Birth to Three, Every Child Matters and the Early Years Foundation Stage. You will also gain a full understanding of the personal and interpersonal skills you will need in order to develop your career in childcare.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Child Care Home Practitioners at QLS Level 3
Course code: CLD05
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
The culture of long hours and the fact that more and more women are returning to work after having children, have brought about something of a mini-revolution in childcare. In todays busy world, the need for quality childcare has never been greater. Whether you wish to have a rewarding career in childcare or have ambitions to eventually run your own childcare business, this course would provide the first step on a highly worthwhile and fulfilling career.
Unit 1: The key factors of child development and developmental needs of children 0-8 years, inclusive of individual and special needs
- The main development of a child from birth to 8 years
- Social, economic and environmental factors influencing development
- Genetic and hereditary factors affecting development
- Children’s overall development needs
- Defining special needs
- Supporting children with special needs
- Key transitions
- Supporting children through transitions
Unit 2: Diversity and inclusion issues within the childminding environment
- Policies to meet diversity within the childminding setting
- Inclusion within the childminding setting
- Effects of discrimination
Unit 3: Providing for children’s physical needs, inclusive of health and safety
- Meeting childrens nutritional needs
- Meeting childrens rest and sleep needs
- Maintaining appropriate hygiene procedures
- Exploring consequences as a result of the failure to meet appropriate hygiene procedures
- Signs and symptoms of common childhood illnesses
- Informing parents of illness and documenting illness
- Maintaining a safe and secure environment
Unit 4: Learning through play for child development
- Types of play and their importance
- Observation and planning
- Every Child Matters and Birth to Three Matters Framework
- The Early Years Foundation Stage
- Health and Safety
- Diversity and Inclusion
Unit 5: Behaviour Management
- Stages of behaviour in children
- Encouraging appropriate behaviour
- Informing parents of inappropriate behaviour and its documentation
- Behaviour attributed to specific special needs
Unit 6: Child Abuse
- The main types of child abuse
- Signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Documentation relating to:
- Reporting and recording incidents of child abuse
- Contacting professionals in the case of child abuse
- Procedures to follow in the case of child abuse
- Sources of support
Unit 7: The legal responsibilities of the childminder
- Childminders legislation
- Legal responsibilities of the childminder
- Procedures for admission and collection
- Legal implications of childminding
- Policies and procedures to meet OFSTED requirements
Unit 8: Promoting positive working relationships
- Working in partnership with parents and other professionals
- Accessing childminding services
- The childminder’s responsibilities for building positive relations with parents and other professionals in relation to Cofidentiality
- Complaints and documentation procedures
- The statutory, voluntary and private support available for childminders
- The contacts for support for the childminding service
At the end of this course successful learners will be given the option to receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. The Quality Licence Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The Quality Licence Scheme is part of the Skills and Education Group, a charitable organisation that unites education and skills-orientated organisations that share similar values and objectives. With more than 100 years of collective experience, the Skills and Education Group’s strategic partnerships create opportunities to inform, influence and represent the wider education and skills sector.
The Skills and Education Group also includes two nationally recognised awarding organisations; Skills and Education Group Awards and Skills and Education Group Access. Through our awarding organisations we have developed a reputation for providing high-quality qualifications and assessments for the education and skills sector. We are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life.
Our knowledge and experience of working within the awarding sector enables us to work with training providers, through the Quality Licence Scheme, to help them develop high-quality courses and/or training programmes for the non-regulated market.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3£445.00