This course is available in Paper format and Online.
This exciting Event Management and Wedding Planning distance learning course has been specially commissioned from a highly successful and experienced Event Planner to reflect the changing nature of this demanding yet rewarding sector.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Event and Wedding – Planning and Coordination Level 4
Course code: EVN03
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards & Certa Awards Certificate of Achievement
This is a course for those who are keen to work at a high level of responsibility, and who have a good level of literacy and a broad educational background. The course is at Level Four which is a good indication of the degree of skill, knowledge and application that will be required to successfully complete it. If you feel you are up to the challenge, then dont hesitate further!
- Starting your own business is a brave and exciting decision to make. This course provides a look at the day-to-day reality of running a business and outlines the skills and qualities that you will need.
- The desire to be your own boss has attracted people from all backgrounds; rich and poor to take a gamble and start out on their own. Many opportunities come about due to people being at the right place, at the right time roviding a service or product that enough people need or want to enable them to run a successful business. The Event Management and Wedding Planning and Co-ordination course can help you do that.
- Event Management and Wedding Planning involve the ability to be creative, communicate effectively and run a business all at the same time. Your success will depend on your ability to search out and take advantage of opportunities but does come with a certain amount of risk attached. We will identify the specific skills that you will need to work in this demanding sector and work with you to develop those skills through the support of our experienced tutors.
- 1. The principal issues around setting up and operating a company. In this section you will learn about the legal aspects of setting up a business and the in-and-outs of financing it.
- 2. The importance of observing Health and Safety requirements. Whilst not the most exciting part of the course, this area is critical to be aware of as ignoring it could land you in heaps of trouble!
- 3. Environmental and ethical issues. These very pertinent issues are part-and-parcel of planning nowadays as more companies and individuals feel the need to play a part in making the planet a better place.
- 4. How to plan for private clients. The first of the sections looking at the requirements of specific client groups.
- 5. The principal logistical issues to be addressed when arranging an event. This is the real nuts-and bolts sections dealing with what you need to do at a basic organising level.
- 6. The main features of large scale event organisation. Large scale events pose their own set of difficulties and challenges, and this section highlights some of these and how they might be dealt with.
- 7. How to plan for corporate clients. Corporate clients will want you to help them plan for their specific company-driven objectives, and this section will give you an idea of how to balance your own vision with that of your corporate client.
- 8. Maintaining coordination on event-day. It’s no good organising an event in detail if you don’t ensure that it rolls out as it’s meant to on the day. The main aspects of co-ordination are brought to the fore here.
- 9. The main aspects of companies’ in-house events. As with Corporate clients, companies will expect you to help them achieve their targets so you will have to immerse yourself in their culture if you want to understand this whilst, of course, maintaining your own standards and individuality.
- 10. The requirements of special events. Whether it’s a VIP visit or an Official Opening, these types of events pose their own challenges.
- 11. The process of selecting an appropriate venue. It’s no good organising an event if the venue is inappropriate! Guidance here as to how this might be avoided.
- 12. The principal features of organising a wedding event. The very personal and specific events around weddings are dealt with in this section.
- 13. The importance and process of marketing a business. Get your business known by taking into account the advice given in this comprehensive section.
- 14. Developing an Event Plan. This is where all you have learnt comes together! Two case studies are provided for you to work through and submit to your tutor for your final assignment.
The Event Planner Pro software will help you to organise your business with campaigns as well as organising multiple client events.
- Easy to use screens, including great online help
- Create unlimited prospects and clients
- A comprehensive suite of reports can be previewed, printed, or exported to PDF files to enable you to e-mail them
- Use the Supplier Directory to maintain a list of suppliers that each of your clients can use and these can easily be copied into your client databases
- Produce a profit and loss figure for one of your clients or your entire business at a click of a button
- Advertising campaigns can be easily monitored to see how cost effective they are
- All your information is stored on your computer and can be password protected for security
- The backup facility makes saving your data simple
- The software will run on Windows XP SP2, Vista and Windows 7
The Event Planner Pro software is split into two sections to enable you to manage your company, and manage your clients. We call these the Company Database and the Client Databases. The Company Database is used to manage your business with finances, diary and the supplier directory. The Client Databases includes facilities to manage all the information regarding your client’s event, for example, details of the venue, guest list, and their list of suppliers. There is no limit to the number of client events you can create and no monthly or additional costs, thereby making our software very cost effective.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 4 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards/Certa endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.