This course is available in Paper format and Online.
Construction is a vast, multi-national, multi billion pound industry. It is an industry that places a great deal of importance on developing new building projects and keeping construction costs under control. That’s why there is a great demand for people with surveying skills.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Need Help? Contact Us Leave Feedback
Categories: Level 3, Property & Construction.
Tags: Construction, Surveying, Surveying Technologies Theory.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Surveying Technologies Theory at QLS Level 3
Course code: SUR01
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
This course will equip you with a theoretical understanding of surveying that will prepare learners for further training and possible future job roles. It would be extremely useful as a piece of initial training for a new starter, or as a refresher for someone already in the trade.
Health and Safety
- Understand the general and specific responsibilities both of employers and employees under current health, safety and welfare legislation.
- Be able to identify workplace hazards, persons who may be affected by such hazards, and the potential consequences of accidents.
- Know how to use risk assessments in appropriate formats.
- Be able to use workplace health and safety policies to recommend control measures, reduce risk and meet legal requirements.
- Understand own role in accident recording and reporting procedures.
Measuring, Estimating and Tendering Processes in Construction and the Built Environment.
- Be able to record dimensions and descriptions of construction work in a methodical way and process these into final quantities for varying purposes, e.g. bills of quantities, variations, final account, interim payments, claims, etc.
- Understand the purpose of estimating and the common techniques used to price construction work.
- Be able to calculate all-in costs of materials, labour and plant, together with unit rates, for a variety of construction work.
- Be able to derive approximate quantities and costs to determine the approximate value of building projects at varying pre-contract development design stages, and to understand the limitations on the accuracy that might be achieved.
- Understand the purpose of tendering, the common techniques used and the relevant documentation and explain the factors that can affect the level of tenders.
Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Understand surveying terminology and be able to use the equipment and instruments typically used to perform linear surveys, record the measurements in a standard from and produce drawings.
- Be able to use the equipment and instruments typically used to perform levelling surveys, record the measurements in a standard form and produce drawings.
- Be able to use the equipment and instruments typically used to measure angles, record the measurements in a standard form and produce results from calculations.
- Be able to perform the setting out of small buildings.
At the end of this course successful learners will be given the option to receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. The Quality Licence Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The Quality Licence Scheme is part of the Skills and Education Group, a charitable organisation that unites education and skills-orientated organisations that share similar values and objectives. With more than 100 years of collective experience, the Skills and Education Group’s strategic partnerships create opportunities to inform, influence and represent the wider education and skills sector.
The Skills and Education Group also includes two nationally recognised awarding organisations; Skills and Education Group Awards and Skills and Education Group Access. Through our awarding organisations we have developed a reputation for providing high-quality qualifications and assessments for the education and skills sector. We are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life.
Our knowledge and experience of working within the awarding sector enables us to work with training providers, through the Quality Licence Scheme, to help them develop high-quality courses and/or training programmes for the non-regulated market.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Method of Study
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
Method of Assessment
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
Course Length Information
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in SchoolsChildcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3
There are no reviews yet.