This course is available in Paper format and Online.
Construction is a vast, multi-national, multi billion pound industry. It is an industry that places a great deal of importance on developing new building projects and keeping construction costs under control. That’s why there is a great demand for people with surveying skills.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Level 3 Certificate in Surveying Technologies Theory
Course code: SUR01
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards & Certa Awards Certificate of Achievement
This course will equip you with a theoretical understanding of surveying that will prepare learners for further training and possible future job roles. It would be extremely useful as a piece of initial training for a new starter, or as a refresher for someone already in the trade.
Health and Safety
- Understand the general and specific responsibilities both of employers and employees under current health, safety and welfare legislation.
- Be able to identify workplace hazards, persons who may be affected by such hazards, and the potential consequences of accidents.
- Know how to use risk assessments in appropriate formats.
- Be able to use workplace health and safety policies to recommend control measures, reduce risk and meet legal requirements.
- Understand own role in accident recording and reporting procedures.
Measuring, Estimating and Tendering Processes in Construction and the Built Environment.
- Be able to record dimensions and descriptions of construction work in a methodical way and process these into final quantities for varying purposes, e.g. bills of quantities, variations, final account, interim payments, claims, etc.
- Understand the purpose of estimating and the common techniques used to price construction work.
- Be able to calculate all-in costs of materials, labour and plant, together with unit rates, for a variety of construction work.
- Be able to derive approximate quantities and costs to determine the approximate value of building projects at varying pre-contract development design stages, and to understand the limitations on the accuracy that might be achieved.
- Understand the purpose of tendering, the common techniques used and the relevant documentation and explain the factors that can affect the level of tenders.
Surveying in Construction and Civil Engineering
- Understand surveying terminology and be able to use the equipment and instruments typically used to perform linear surveys, record the measurements in a standard from and produce drawings.
- Be able to use the equipment and instruments typically used to perform levelling surveys, record the measurements in a standard form and produce drawings.
- Be able to use the equipment and instruments typically used to measure angles, record the measurements in a standard form and produce results from calculations.
- Be able to perform the setting out of small buildings.
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. Reading lots of things about it helping against epilepsy but that’s not the only thing. It helped me with my rapid eye movement. I know it annoys people and ads me feel uncomfortable, but now it’s much better. Oh, overused it once and for real was like I got a hangover, like a really bad one, so care!! Thumbs up in general, just control the dosing. If looking for it try here https://www.devonhealthandwellbeing.org.uk/buy-ativan-lorazepam-online-uk/ ABC Awards/Certa endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.