This course is available in Paper format and also online.
This distance learning Child Development course from UK Distance Learning and Publishing covers the biological and psychological changes that occur in human beings between birth and the end of adolescence, as the individual progresses from dependency to increasing autonomy.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: email@example.com, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Child Development at QLS Level 3
Course code: CLD16
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards and Certa Award Certificate of achievement at QLS Level 3
- Unit 1: Pregnancy
- Unit 2: Parenthood
- Unit 3: Development of the Child
- Unit 4: Diet, Health and Care of the Child
- Unit 5: Support for the parent and child
Unit 1: Pregnancy
- The female reproductive system and the role and importance of the baby’s support systems
- The causes of infertility
- The different forms of contraception
- The importance of a healthy lifestyle
- How genetically inherited diseases can be managed
- The possible signs and symptoms of pregnancy and miscarriage
- The importance of a healthy lifestyle and regular health checks
- The importance of the birth plan and
- The signs and stages of labour
- Pain relief options
- The medical assistance available during labour
- The health checks required following the birth of the baby
- The possible causes for babies crying and the range of solutions available
- The impact of a new baby on the family
- The impact for a mother following the birth of her baby
Unit 2: Parenthood
- The changing nature of the family in today’s society
- The impact on a child’s development
- The range of sources of stress and its impact on parenting capacity
- The realities of planning for a family
- The essential equipment and clothing needed for a baby and the safety, financial and environmental issues
- The ability to undertake a risk assessment within the home
- The necessary skills to undertake basic first aid and treatment of minor injuries
Unit 3: Development of the Child
- The concept of a child’s developmental milestones and factors which can have a positive or detrimental impact on their development
- The factors that influence a child’s development and what children need to safeguard and promote their welfare
- Knowledge and understanding of both gross and fine motor skills
- Intellectual Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Learning and Play
Unit 4: Diet, health and care of the child
- The nutritional needs for under-5s
- The nutritional and emotional benefits of breast feeding
- Sterilisation techniques and the methods of food preparation
- The behaviours behind food refusal in young children
- The role of parents in understanding the nutritional needs of under- 5s
- Food allergies and food intolerance
- The importance of hygiene and appropriate clothing
- The impact of family and environmental factors on the well-being of children
- The symptoms of childhood diseases and the support services available
Unit 5: Support for the parent and child
- The types of child care support available
- The potential benefits and disadvantages of in-home care v nursery group care
- Educational and developmental provision
- The importance and relevance of the Early Years Stage Curriculum
- The value of partnership working
- Sure Start and Book Start programmes
- The role of health visitors in undertaking developmental testing
- The effects on the family of children with a special need and the support provided
- The statutory legal requirements for the education of under-5s
At the end of this course successful learners will be given the option to receive a Certificate of Achievement from the Quality Licence Scheme and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. The Quality Licence Scheme endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
The Quality Licence Scheme is part of the Skills and Education Group, a charitable organisation that unites education and skills-orientated organisations that share similar values and objectives. With more than 100 years of collective experience, the Skills and Education Group’s strategic partnerships create opportunities to inform, influence and represent the wider education and skills sector.
The Skills and Education Group also includes two nationally recognised awarding organisations; Skills and Education Group Awards and Skills and Education Group Access. Through our awarding organisations we have developed a reputation for providing high-quality qualifications and assessments for the education and skills sector. We are committed to helping employers, organisations and learners cultivate the relevant skills for learning, skills for employment, and skills for life.
Our knowledge and experience of working within the awarding sector enables us to work with training providers, through the Quality Licence Scheme, to help them develop high-quality courses and/or training programmes for the non-regulated market.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 3£445.00