This course is available in Online or Paper format.
This Conflict Management course is designed for people who wish to gain an understanding of principles and practice of Conflict Management.
The syllabus covers Conflict and Anger, Listening Skills, Negotiation, Mediation, Crisis Mediation and Practical Conflict Management Techniques.
|Online Or Paper|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: email@example.com, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Conflict Management Level 2
Course code: SH208
Delivery method: Paper Based or Online
Course duration: 12 Months (Approx. 90 hours study time)
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: ABC Awards & Certa Awards Certificate of Achievement
The objectives of the course are to enable the student to:
- Understand basic concepts of conflict management
- Explore techniques for managing conflict effectively
- Demonstrate five conflict handling styles
- Adopt good listening techniques
- Understand negotiation techniques
- Describe problem solving approaches
- Demonstrate mediation techniques
- Demonstrate how to cope with crises
- Describe the concepts of self-development
This course consists of six units of study:
1 Conflict and anger
- understand the sources and nature of conflict
- consider different conflict-handling styles
- learn to understand and deal with anger
2 Listening skills
- understand the ideal listening process
- deal with prejudices which may damage your ability to listen
- beware of traps for listeners
- understand the nature of establishment-community conflicts
- see how these groups approach conflict situations
- understand the ‘joint problem solving’ approach
- learn good negotiating practice
- consider strategies for rescuing difficult situations
- understand the meaning and nature of mediation
- know when mediation is useful
- understand the phases of the mediation process
- deal with problems that can arise during this process
- know what qualities you need to develop to be an effective mediator
5 Crisis Mediation
- understand the problem of re-entry
- look at causes of power imbalances in negotiation
- learn to deal with these power imbalances
- understand the importance of establishing a good working relationship with the other party
- deal with the need for mediation in crisis situations
6 Practical Conflict Management Techniques
Practical exercises for developing conflict management skills including
- Anger management
- Listening Skills
- Joint Problem Solving
- Role Plays
- Adopting good practice
- Things to avoid
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and Certa Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the components the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards and Certa Awards Quality Licence Scheme. This means that Kendal Publishing Ltd has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet defined quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to a regulated qualification* but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills gained. The Learner Unit Summary may be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this subject. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 2 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by Kendal Publishing Ltd to meet specific learners’ and/or employers’ requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards/Certa endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards and Certa Awards have long-established reputations for providing high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. ABC Awards and Certa Awards combine over 180 years of expertise combined with a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards and Certa Awards also offer regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
*Regulated qualification refers to those qualifications that are regulated by Ofqual / CCEA / Qualification Wales
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Level 2£495.00