This course is available in Paper format and Online.
This Bookkeeping distance learning course has been designed for anyone wishing to learn about bookkeeping and is especially valuable for anyone running their own business.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
If you have questions about this course please get in touch by
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
Phone: 01539 724622
Our office hours are 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday
Data Protection: All data supplied will be held in accordance with the Data Protection Regulations. Where an email address is supplied by the applicant we assume permission to use this address to communicate information relevant to the chosen programme of study.
Bookkeeping Level 1 and 2 Diploma
Course code: BKP02
Delivery method: Paper Based and Online
Course duration: 12 Months
Entry requirements: No prior qualification needed
Award achieved: UK Distance Learning and Publishing Diploma
Awarding body: UK Distance Learning and Publishing
This Course Helps you
- develop a good level of basic bookkeeping skills
- prepare for more advanced bookkeeping training
- acquire the underpinning knowledge needed for Accounting NVQs
Level 1 Book Keeping
Unit 1 – An introduction to record keeping
- The importance of keeping accurate financial records
- The layout of a bank account and its entries
- Balancing the account
Unit 2 – Further bank account transactions
- Types of income and expenditure
- The analysed bank account
Unit 3 – Double Entry Book Keeping – Cash Transactions
- Basic double entry accounts for bank transactions
- Further account balancing
- The trial balance
- The cash account
- The capital account
- Accounting for payroll transactions
Unit 4 – Double Entry Book Keeping – Credit Transactions
- Credit transactions
- Developing accounts for customers and suppliers
- Splitting the Ledger
- Entering credit transactions into the accounts
Unit 5 – The Calculation of VAT and the development of business documents
- The concept of VAT and VAT registered businesses
- Calculating VAT
- The production of business documents containing VAT
- Dealing with trade and cash discounts
Unit 6 – The posting of VAT Transactions to the Ledgers
- The posting of cash and credit items to the ledger for a VAT registered business
- VAT Input and VAT Output accounts
- The single Vat Account
- How to calculate VAT exclusive and VAT inclusive amounts
Unit 7 – Day Books
- Explanation of day books
- Making entries into the various books
- Posting day book entries to the relevant accounts in the correct ledger
Level 2 Book Keeping
Unit 1 – Cash Books
- Two column cash books
- Revision of cash discount
- Three column cash book
- The Petty Cash Book
Unit 2 – Correction of errors
- Types of errors
- Correcting the ledgers
- The suspense account
Unit 3 – Reconciling the accounts
- Bank reconciliation
- Control Accounts – reconciling customer and supplier balances
- The VAT Return
Unit 4 – Introduction to Final Accounts of a Sole Trader
- The nature of profit
- Calculating gross and net profit
- The Trading, Profit and Loss Account
- The Balance Sheet
Unit 5 – Adjustments to Final Accounts
- Accruals and prepayments
- Bad debts and the Provision for Bad Debts
- Further corrections and adjustments to profits
Unit 6 – End of Year Ledger Entries
- Closing of the ledger accounts at the year end
Will I need any additional materials?
No other books are necessary for this course.
On successful completion you will receive a UK Distance Learning and Publishing Diploma.
Paper Based Version
The course comes to you as a paper-based pack delivered by courier.
You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments.
Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor.
Our online courses are fully digitised versions of the paper-courses, so you can study on any PC or smart device when connected to the internet.
As with the paper course, your online learning programme is completely flexible, so you can study at a pace that suits you.
All of our online course content is broken down into bite size chunks to make your learning more manageable and effective.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course and will assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
- Childcare & Teaching Assistant, Counselling & Psychology, Level 2£250.00–£275.00