Choose by course
- A Levels
- Animal Care
- Beauty & Nails
- Bookkeeping & Accounts
- BTEC Qualifications
- Bundles & Offers
- Business & Management
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Child Care & Teaching Assistant
- Counselling, Coaching & Trauma
- Crime, Forensics & Law
- Design & AutoCAD
- Digital Photography
- Event Management & Catering
- Fitness, Health & Anatomy
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- National Qualifications
- Office & Travel
- Project Management, Property & Travel
- Short Courses
- Technical Studies
- Web Design
- Writing & Journalism
NCFE Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care Level 2
National Qualifications - Level 2
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - NCFE Certificate in the Principles of Dementia Care Level 2
- Course Code: QCF12
To purchase this course in a one off full payment it will cost you:
£430.00 - £330.00
To purchase this course in monthly instalments it will cost you:
Initial Deposit: £130.00
Followed by 4 monthly payments of £75.00
Total amount payable £430.00
About this course
This NCFE Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care home study course is the ideal programme for individuals wishing to increase their knowledge and understanding of Dementia and ‘Person-Centred Care’.
This nationally accredited qualification is designed to provide individuals with an understanding of the different forms of Dementia that may be encountered and how to support individuals with this illness through ‘Person-Centred Care’.The programme covers issues such as the influence of positive communication methods, issues around the use of medication and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
Upon successful completion you will have achieved a nationally recognised, QCF listed qualification at Level 2
- There is no need to formally attend a college, meaning that you can learn in your own time, at a pace that suits you.
- You will receive a set of high-quality learner support materials that will be yours to keep and use as a reference.
- You will further your personal and professional development.
- You will receive support and guidance from a dedicated team of qualified assessors / tutors.
Workbook 1 – Understanding dementia and the person-centred approach to administering medication
This workbook will introduce you to what dementia is, the different forms of dementia and how others can have an impact on the individual with dementia. It will help you to enable an individual with dementia to experience well-being. You will also develop your knowledge of medication requirements for individuals with dementia. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- The most common types of dementia and their causes.
- The role of carers and others in the care and support of individuals with dementia.
- How to provide person centred care through appropriate and effective use of medication.
Workbook 2 – Understand the factors that can influence communication and behaviour in the context of dementia
This workbook will help you to be aware of the differing communication needs and abilities of individuals with dementia in order to enhance positive interaction. You will also learn how to respond to behaviour some people may find ‘challenging’ in an appropriate and supportive manner. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- The factors that can influence communication and interaction.
- How a person centred approach may be used to encourage positive communication.
Workbook 3 – Understand equality, diversity and inclusion and the benefits of engaging in activities in social care
This workbook introduces the concept of equality, diversity and inclusion. It will help you to understand the benefits of engaging in activities to enhance physical, mental and social well-being in a diverse range of settings. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- The impact of physical activity on physical and mental well-being.
- How activity can be the basis for a model of care and support.
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Qualification Code 600/6355/5
NCFE Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care Level 2
A registration fee of £51.00 is due within four weeks of enrolment if you wish to receive an NCFE certificate on successful completion of your course.
Please note that certificates are issued 3 times per year
- This course is a paper based course so you can keep the materials as a reference
- Your assignments can be completed online via our e-Assessor portal
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors and the results will be posted on our e-Assesor portal
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying the course
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to the internet and email in order to contact your tutor.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only upload the TMAs to the e-Assessor , not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
The guided learning hours (GLH) for this course is 123 and you can take the course over a maximum of 12 months. If you do not complete within this time them you will need to re-enrol . Extensions are not allowed.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work, guide you through the course and assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
Drugs, both legal and illegal, are part of our culture. The use and misuse of these substances is a complex issue. While the number of people with a serious problem is small, their use affects everybody, including their families, friends, communities and society. This NCFE Level 1 course in Drugs Misuse Awareness will help to raise learners’ awareness of the key issues relating to substance use and misuse, as well as the types of drugs available, the effects they have on individuals and society and how people and organisations respond to their use.
This CACHE Level 1 Caring for Children distance learning course is a great introduction to a career in Child care, one of the most important professions to enter. What is more, successful completion of this course will give you a nationally recognised qualification.
Do you work with Abuse and Trauma cases? Then this distance learning abuse and trauma course is the right one for you. It provides a breakdown of types of abuse including adult abuse, child abuse, sexual assult and ultimately the effects of abuse.
This home study Mental Health and Psychiatry course is designed for anyone with an interest in Mental Health, particularly those who wish to become counsellors, therapists, social workers or find employment in other similar roles.