Choose by course
- A Levels
- Animal Care
- Beauty & Nails
- Bookkeeping & Accounts
- BTEC Qualifications
- Bundles & Offers
- Business & Management
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Child Care & Teaching Assistant
- Counselling Courses
- Crime, Forensics & Law
- Design & AutoCAD
- Digital Photography
- Event Management & Catering
- Fitness, Health & Anatomy
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Office & Travel
- Online A Levels
- Online Health & Social Care
- Online IGCSEs
- Project Management, Property & Travel
- QCF National Qualifications
- Short Courses
- Technical Studies
- Web Design
- Writing & Journalism
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - IQ Level 3 Organisation Award in Introduction to Childminding
- Course Code: CLD15
To purchase this course in a one off full payment it will cost you:
£375.00 - £275.00
To purchase this course in monthly instalments it will cost you:
Initial Deposit: £99.00
Followed by 4 monthly payments of £69.00
Total amount payable £375.00
About this course
This course has been developed to give those already working as a childminder or those contemplating a career as one to understand the key aspects and responsibilities of this demanding but rewarding role.
A childminder’s role is many and varied and can be described in a number of ways. Gone are the days when childminders were seen as uneducated, low paid babysitters who were paid to keep an eye on the children whilst their parents spent a few hours at work. Parents are no longer content to pay someone to look after their child simply because they appear motherly and seem to like playing with children. Parents now, quite rightly, express a wish to find a highly qualified, organised person who has the right skills to not only nurture their child but to educate and discipline them.
This course will give you the key information to enable you to put into practice your ambition to be a successful childminder as well as crucial information about Health and Safety and setting up your own childminding business.
UNIT ONE Introduction to childminding
- Describe the skills and qualities required to undertake employment as a childminder
- Identify your own existing skills and qualities
- Identify skills and abilities to be developed
UNIT TWO Understand the legal responsibilities of the childminder
- Define the legal responsibilities of the childminder
- Outline relevant legislation with regard to childminding
UNIT THREE Understand the relevant training available to childminders
- Discuss the importance of first aid qualifications for childminders
- Critically explore the available optional training available for childminders
UNIT FOUR Getting your business up and running
- Identify the service you wish to provide
- Analyse the childminding market in your area
- Critically examine the importance of portfolios and welcome packs
- Summarise the procedures for interviewing potential customers
- Identify procedures for settling children into the childminding setting
UNIT FIVE Safety within the home
- Identify the risks to children indoors
- Identify the risks to children outdoors
- Critically examine the importance of maintaining appropriate hygiene procedures for (a) personal (b) toys and equipment
UNIT SIX Negotiating a contract
- Summarise the importance of using contracts
- Describe retainers and deposits and explain when these should be charged
- Critically examine the procedures which should be followed in the event of a complaint being made against the childminder
UNIT SEVEN Writing and implementing policies
- Produce a policy to meet equal opportunities within the childminding setting
- Critically examine the importance of having a behaviour policy within the childminding setting
- Discuss the procedure for reporting a suspected case of child abuse
UNIT EIGHT Accounts and book keeping
- Summarise the legal obligations of a self-employed person
- Analyse the consequences of employing an assistant or working with another childminder
- Identify the financial help available to childminders
- Critically explore how to evaluate whether your business is making a profit or loss
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by IQ (Industry Qualifications)
Our course has been accredited by IQ, and the course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 on IQ's own Customised Qualification Framework (CQF) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
The course has been developed by UK Distance Learning & Publishing and has been accredited and quality assured by IQ. IQ gives formal recognition to an organisation's bespoke courses through their Customised Qualifications Framework.
Industry Qualifications is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators ('regulators') for England, Wales and Northern Ireland for their qualifications on the national framework ie the Qualifications and Curriculum Framework (QCF).
- The course comes to you as a proper paper-based pack, not as an electronic password
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to email in order to contact your tutor
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work, guide you through the course and assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
The early years of a child’s life are absolutely crucial in that child’s future health and happiness. It’s also a known fact that ‘play’ is a vital component in the development of the child, and it is through play that children learn so many things about the world around them.
Do you enjoy working with children? Are you interested in encouraging their potential? Do you value the importance of education in their development? Could you work well under a qualified teacher? If the answer to all these is ‘Yes’, then this superb Distance Learning Teaching Assistant course is for you.
This home study Early Years Foundation Level 4 course provides guidance for practitioners on meeting the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, and it aims to provide useful advice and detailed information for supporting and managing children’s learning and development.
This distance learning course will provide you with all the underpinning knowledge to make a decision as to whether a career as a child minder is the right one for you.
This CACHE Level 1 Caring for Children distance learning course is a great introduction to a career in Child care, one of the most important professions to enter. What is more, successful completion of this course will give you a nationally recognised qualification.