Choose by course
- A Levels
- Animal Care
- Beauty & Nails
- Bookkeeping & Accounts
- BTEC Qualifications
- Bundles & Offers
- Business & Management
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Child Care & Teaching Assistant
- Counselling Courses
- Crime, Forensics & Law
- Design & AutoCAD
- Digital Photography
- Event Management & Catering
- Fitness, Health & Anatomy
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Office & Travel
- Online A Levels
- Online Health & Social Care
- Online IGCSEs
- Project Management, Property & Travel
- QCF National Qualifications
- Short Courses
- Technical Studies
- Web Design
- Writing & Journalism
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - IGCSE History
- Course Code: IGC05
To purchase this course in a one off full payment it will cost you:
£375.00 - £275.00
To purchase this course in monthly instalments it will cost you:
Initial Deposit: £99.00
Followed by 4 monthly payments of £69.00
Total amount payable £375.00
About this course
History is the study of past events. To understand the present thoroughly, we need to look at past events and see how they are influencing the current state of the world. It would be impossible to understand the present social, economic and political climate without referring to the events of the 20th century.
History is the study of past events. To understand the present thoroughly, we need to look at past events and see how they are influencing the current state of the world. It would be impossible to understand the present social, economic and political climate without referring to the events of the 20th century. Similarly, it would be difficult to understand the events of the 1900s without looking at the 1800s.
All this means that in order to understand our present, there is a compelling case for studying History.
- Unit 1: 19th century core content: What caused the First World War?
- Unit 2: Depth Study: Russia 1905-1941
- Unit 3: 20th century core content: International Relations since 1919
- Unit 4: Depth Study: Israelis and Palestinians 1945-1994
- The notes and assignments for all units have been clearly set out for you. All the factual information required for the examination is in the notes.
- We have deliberately designed the course to make it as interactive as possible with lots of self-assessment exercises for you to carry out. But we don’t leave it there for we give you comprehensive answers so that you can gauge how much you have learned. As well as that, we set you practice exam-type questions which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on.
What will be in the examinations?
The four modules you will study are split over three examination papers:
The IGCSE examination Paper One is for 2 hours. It is a written paper. In Section A candidates can answer two questions on either the 19th or 20th century core content topics (Units 1 and 3).
In Section B candidates can answer one question one depth study (either unit 2 or 4).
This paper is worth 40% of the total marks available.
The IGCSE examination Paper Two is for 2 hours. It is a written paper. Candidates can answer a series of questions on either the 19th or 20th century core content topics (Units 1 and 3).
This paper is worth 33% of the total marks available.
The IGCSE examination Paper Four is for 1 hour. It is a written paper. Candidates can answer one question on one depth study (either unit 2 or 4) and the questions will be based on historical sources.
This paper is worth 27% of the total marks available.
- The course comes to you as a proper paper-based pack, not as an electronic password
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to email in order to contact your tutor
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work and guide you through the course to help you be ready for your examinations. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
This Distance Learning IGCSE Travel & Tourism course is designed to help meet the growing need for well qualified and knowledgeable people who want a career in the Travel and Tourism industry. This qualification will provide you with a broad introduction to the key components of this exciting and challenging field.
This online distance learning IGCSE Mathematics course from UK Distance Learning & Publishing is designed to help meet the needs of those who want an introduction to this challenging subject, either with a view to further study at A Level or simply to supplement a portfolio of IGCSE/GCSE subjects.
The Cambridge IGCSE Geography course, along with being interesting and worthwhile in itself, is designed to allow you to develop skills and knowledge that will be transferrable beyond the confines of the course. Geography is also an important subject to study as it will increase your knowledge of the wider world.
This subject is only available to students whose native language is English. It is not suitable for students whose mother tongue is another language. For these students, there is English as a Second Language, although a course for this specification is not offered by UK Distance Learning & Publishing.
This IGCSE distance learning course from is designed to help meet the needs of those who want an introduction to this challenging subject either with a view to further study at A Level or simply to supplement a portfolio of IGCSE/GCSE subjects