Choose by course
- A Levels
- Animal Care
- Beauty & Nails
- Bookkeeping & Accounts
- BTEC Qualifications
- Bundles & Offers
- Business & Management
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Child Care & Teaching Assistant
- Counselling Courses
- Crime, Forensics & Law
- Design & AutoCAD
- Digital Photography
- Event Management & Catering
- Fitness, Health & Anatomy
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Office & Travel
- Online A Levels
- Online Health & Social Care
- Online IGCSEs
- Project Management, Property & Travel
- QCF National Qualifications
- Short Courses
- Technical Studies
- Web Design
- Writing & Journalism
NCFE Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2
QCF National Qualifications - Level 2
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - NCFE Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2
- Course Code: QCF07
To purchase this course in a one off full payment it will cost you:
£430.00 - £330.00
To purchase this course in monthly instalments it will cost you:
Initial Deposit: £130.00
Followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.00
Total amount payable £430.00
About this course
This nationally accredited qualification is designed to increase the professional development and confidence of individuals that are either new to working within a care environment or are keen to gain the knowledge and understanding needed to help them seek employment within the sector.The NCFE Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2 distance learning course covers many issues including a wide appreciation of what to expect within the sector as well as focussing on important areas such as person-centred care, safe working practices, duty of care and safeguarding.
This nationally accredited qualification is designed to increase the professional development and confidence of individuals that are either new to working within a care environment or are keen to gain the knowledge and understanding needed to help them seek employment within the sector.
Upon successful completion you will have achieved a nationally recognised, QCF listed qualification at Level 2.
- There is no need to formally attend a college, meaning that you can learn in your own time, at a pace that suits you.
- You will receive a set of high-quality learner support materials that will be yours to keep and use as a reference.
- You will further your personal and professional development.
- You will receive support and guidance from a dedicated team of qualified assessors / tutors.
Workbook 1 – Working in adult social care
This workbook introduces you to the knowledge required to understand the role of a social care worker and the principles of personal development. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- The role of the social care worker
- Principles of personal development
Workbook 2 – Person centred approaches in social care settings
This workbook covers the importance of the person-centred approach, understanding the principles of diversity, equality, inclusion and effective communication. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- Person-centred approaches
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion
- Principles of communication
Workbook 3 – Safeguarding and duty of care in adult social care settings
This workbook introduces you to safeguarding and protection in adult social care settings, as well as duty of care, maintaining client confidentiality and handling information securely. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- Principles of safeguarding and protection
- Duty of care
- How to handle information in social care settings
Workbook 4 – Safe working practices in health and social care settings
This workbook will help you to understand the areas of health and safety you must be familiar with to work in a social care setting. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- Key health and safety legislation and working practices
- How to reduce the risk of infection
- Principles of the safe moving of people and objects
- How to handle hazardous substances
- Environmental safety procedures
- Signs of stress and its management
- Procedures for the safe handling of medication
- How to handle and store food safely.
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Qualification Code 600/0688/2
NCFE Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2
A registration fee of £51.00 is due within four weeks of enrolment if you wish to receive an NCFE certificate on successful completion of your course.
Please note that certificates are issued 3 times per year.
- This course is a paper based course so you can keep the materials as a reference
- Your assignments can be completed online via our e-Assessor portal
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors and the results will be posted on our e-Assesor portal
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying the course
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to the internet and email in order to contact your tutor.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only upload the TMAs to the e-Assessor , not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
The guided learning hours (GLH) for this course is 179 and you can take the course over a maximum of 12 months. If you do not complete within this time them you will need to re-enrol . Extensions are not allowed
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work, guide you through the course and assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
This NCFE Award in Understanding Stewarding at Spectator Events Level 2 distance learning course is ideal for learners, aged 16 or over, who are either working as stewards already (possibly in a voluntary, casual or part-time capacity) and who wish to seek recognition for their existing skills and competence, or those who wish to move into such a role. It is also an ideal qualification for anyone either considering a career in event management, or looking to obtain a first Level 2 qualification to improve employment prospects.
This CACHE course from UK Distance Learning and Publishing, one of the UK’s leading home study companies, is a further step in the field of Child Care, one of the most important professions to enter. As a practitioner, you will have responsibility for the development of children’s lives at a crucial stage. Whether you are starting out in this field or are already working in it, you will find essential information which will be of benefit to you in terms of developing your understanding of the wider childcare context and in enhancing your knowledge and skills.
This distance learning BTEC Level 2 course in Team Leading has been devised to meet the specifications of the Edexcel awarding body. If you are either in management with responsibilities for leading a team of colleagues or would like to prepare yourself for that possibility, then this course will give you a sound introductory background in how to approach this crucial area of responsibility.
This nationally accredited NCFE distance learning qualification in End of Life Care is designed to develop knowledge and understanding of how to work in end of life care. This home study course covers a range of topics including the support needed to manage pain and discomfort, how dementia impacts on end of life care, the role of the care worker at time of death and the loss and grief process.
This nationally accredited distance learning qualification in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medicines is designed to provide you with the theoretical knowledge that you need to help you understand and handle medication within your workplace. The NCFE course covers a wide range of information, best practice and legislation including an introduction to the types of medication that an individual is likely to encounter, explanation of the correct storage and handling of medication as well as legislative requirements for audit process and issues and accountability and responsibility.