Choose by course
- A Levels
- Animal Care
- Beauty & Nails
- Bookkeeping & Accounts
- BTEC Qualifications
- Bundles & Offers
- Business & Management
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Child Care & Teaching Assistant
- Counselling Courses
- Crime, Forensics & Law
- Design & AutoCAD
- Digital Photography
- Event Management & Catering
- Fitness, Health & Anatomy
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- Office & Travel
- Online A Levels
- Online Health & Social Care
- Online IGCSEs
- Project Management, Property & Travel
- QCF National Qualifications
- Short Courses
- Technical Studies
- Web Design
- Writing & Journalism
NCFE Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2
QCF National Qualifications - Level 2
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - NCFE Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2
- Course Code: QCF07
To purchase this course in a one off full payment it will cost you:
£430.00 - £330.00
To purchase this course in monthly instalments it will cost you:
Initial Deposit: £130.00
Followed by 4 monthly payments of £50.00
Total amount payable £430.00
About this course
This nationally accredited qualification is designed to increase the professional development and confidence of individuals that are either new to working within a care environment or are keen to gain the knowledge and understanding needed to help them seek employment within the sector.The NCFE Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2 distance learning course covers many issues including a wide appreciation of what to expect within the sector as well as focussing on important areas such as person-centred care, safe working practices, duty of care and safeguarding.
This nationally accredited qualification is designed to increase the professional development and confidence of individuals that are either new to working within a care environment or are keen to gain the knowledge and understanding needed to help them seek employment within the sector.
Upon successful completion you will have achieved a nationally recognised, QCF listed qualification at Level 2.
- There is no need to formally attend a college, meaning that you can learn in your own time, at a pace that suits you.
- You will receive a set of high-quality learner support materials that will be yours to keep and use as a reference.
- You will further your personal and professional development.
- You will receive support and guidance from a dedicated team of qualified assessors / tutors.
Workbook 1 – Working in adult social care
This workbook introduces you to the knowledge required to understand the role of a social care worker and the principles of personal development. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- The role of the social care worker
- Principles of personal development
Workbook 2 – Person centred approaches in social care settings
This workbook covers the importance of the person-centred approach, understanding the principles of diversity, equality, inclusion and effective communication. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- Person-centred approaches
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion
- Principles of communication
Workbook 3 – Safeguarding and duty of care in adult social care settings
This workbook introduces you to safeguarding and protection in adult social care settings, as well as duty of care, maintaining client confidentiality and handling information securely. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- Principles of safeguarding and protection
- Duty of care
- How to handle information in social care settings
Workbook 4 – Safe working practices in health and social care settings
This workbook will help you to understand the areas of health and safety you must be familiar with to work in a social care setting. When you have completed this unit you should know and understand:
- Key health and safety legislation and working practices
- How to reduce the risk of infection
- Principles of the safe moving of people and objects
- How to handle hazardous substances
- Environmental safety procedures
- Signs of stress and its management
- Procedures for the safe handling of medication
- How to handle and store food safely.
NCFE is a national Awarding Organisation, passionate about designing, developing and certificating diverse, nationally recognised qualifications and awards. These qualifications contribute to the success of millions of learners at all levels, bringing them closer to fulfilling their personal goals. Last year alone, over 340,000 learners from over 2,000 colleges, schools and training organisations chose NCFE as the Awarding Organisation to help them move their careers forward.
Qualification Code 600/0688/2
NCFE Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care Level 2
A registration fee of £51.00 is due within four weeks of enrolment if you wish to receive an NCFE certificate on successful completion of your course.
Please note that certificates are issued 3 times per year.
- This course is a paper based course so you can keep the materials as a reference
- Your assignments can be completed online via our e-Assessor portal
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors and the results will be posted on our e-Assesor portal
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying the course
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to the internet and email in order to contact your tutor.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only upload the TMAs to the e-Assessor , not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
The guided learning hours (GLH) for this course is 179 and you can take the course over a maximum of 12 months. If you do not complete within this time them you will need to re-enrol . Extensions are not allowed
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work, guide you through the course and assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
This distance learning Cache Award in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools Level 3 course is designed to provide you with a comprehensive level of knowledge to enable you to have a better opportunity for progress and achievement in the challenging field of Education.
The Certificate in Mental Health Awareness distance learning course is the ideal programme for individuals looking to increase their knowledge and understanding of mental health issues. This nationally accredited qualification in Mental Health Awareness home study course is designed to provide individuals with an appreciation and understanding of a number of different mental health issues that may be encountered. The programme covers a wide range of mental health conditions including what their indicating signs, triggers and symptoms may be, how it can affect an individual’s ability to cope and function as well as looking at guidance on how to potentially manage and support them with their illness on a day-to-day basis.
This NCFE Certificate in Principles of Dementia Care home study course is the ideal programme for individuals wishing to increase their knowledge and understanding of Dementia and ‘Person-Centred Care’. This nationally accredited qualification is designed to provide individuals with an understanding of the different forms of Dementia that may be encountered and how to support individuals with this illness through ‘Person-Centred Care’.The programme covers issues such as the influence of positive communication methods, issues around the use of medication and the importance of providing appropriate activities.
This distance learning Working with a Diagnosis of Personality Disorder Level 3 course is designed for people who wish to gain an understanding of working with personality disorders and the basic skills required to work with such complex conditions.
Our home study course is a must if you would like to work in the voluntary sector as a Drugs or Alcohol Counsellor. This course also maps to national DANOS standards.DANOS are the Drug and Alcohol industry National Occupational Standards