Choose by course
- A Levels
- Animal Care
- Beauty & Nails
- Bookkeeping & Accounts
- BTEC Qualifications
- Bundles & Offers
- Business & Management
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Child Care & Teaching Assistant
- Counselling, Coaching & Trauma
- Crime, Forensics & Law
- Design & AutoCAD
- Digital Photography
- Event Management & Catering
- Fitness, Health & Anatomy
- Health Care
- Information Technology
- National Qualifications
- Office & Travel
- Project Management, Property & Travel
- Short Courses
- Technical Studies
- Web Design
- Writing & Journalism
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - Level 3 Certificate of Achievement by NCFE
- Course Code: CLD07
To purchase this course in a one off full payment it will cost you:
£375.00 - £275.00
To purchase this course in monthly instalments it will cost you:
Initial Deposit: £99.00
Followed by 4 monthly payments of £69.00
Total amount payable £375.00
About this course
The early years of a child’s life are absolutely crucial in his or her future health and happiness. Whether you simply wish to enjoy a rewarding career in childcare, or have ambitions to eventually run your own childcare business, this course from UK Distance Learning and Publishing would provide the first step on a highly worthwhile and fulfilling career.
Unit 1 The Development of children fron Birth to 16 years
Unit 2 Parenting and family Values
Unit 3 Keeping childen safe indoors and outdoors
Unit 4 Child Protection
Unit 5 Tackling bullying
Unit 6 Early childhood education
Unit 7 Diet, Nutrition and Exercise
Unit 8 Working with disabled children and their families
Unit 9 Children's rights and Anti-discriminatory Practice
Unit 10 Working in partnership with parents
UNIT ONE – THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN FROM BIRTH TO SIXTEEN YEARS
- The development of children from birth through to sixteen years
UNIT TWO – PARENTING AND FAMILY VALUES
- Family Life and how it has changed
- The different styles of parenting
- Exploring feelings and emotions
- A guide to social skills and manners
UNIT THREE – KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE INDOORS AND OUTDOORS
- Maintaining safety within the home
- Maintaining safety in the garden
- Child safety when on the move
- Maintaining appropriate hygiene procedures
UNIT FOUR – CHILD PROTECTION
- Types, signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Helping children to protect themselves against abuse
- Procedures to follow in cases of child abuse
- Caring for children who have suffered abuse
UNIT FIVE – TACKLING BULLYING
- An overview of the bully
- An overview of the victim
- Recognising the different types of bullying
- Understanding why bullying happens
- Dealing with incidents of bullying
UNIT SIX – EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication, language and literacy development
- Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical development
- Creative development
UNIT SEVEN – DIET, NUTRITION AND EXERCISE
- The principles of nutrition
- The principles of exercise
- Meal planning
- Allergies and intolerances
- Catering for different diets
UNIT EIGHT – WORKING WITH DISABLED CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES
- Understanding disabilities in children
- Definitions of impairment and disability
- Inclusion of children with disabilities
- Providing play and learning activities for disabled children
- Working with families of disabled children
UNIT NINE – CHILDREN’S RIGHTS AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATORY PRACTICE
- Exploring children’s rights
- Exploring anti-discriminatory practice
- Exploring the effects of discrimination
UNIT TEN – WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS
- Exploring the different types of families
- Working together to provide for children’s development and well being
- Communication between the childcare practitioner, parents and school
At the end of this course successful learners will be awarded a certificate of achievement by NCFE.
Our course has been accredited under our NCFE IIQ Licence and the course measurable learning outcomes have been benchmarked at Level 3 (using Ofqual's Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) level descriptors) to allow you to consider the depth of study, difficulty, and level of achievement involved.
NCFE is recognised as an Awarding Organisation by the qualification regulators ('regulators') for England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The regulators are the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual) in England, the Welsh Government and the Council for Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) in Northern Ireland.
This course has been developed by UKDLP which has been accredited with NCFE's Investing in Quality (IIQ) Licence, which is designed to give formal recognition to an organisation's bespoke courses that fall outside the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF).
- The course comes to you as a proper paper-based pack, not as an electronic password
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to email in order to contact your tutor.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work, guide you through the course and assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
The culture of long hours and the fact that more and more women are returning to work after having children, have brought about something of a mini-revolution in childcare. In today’s busy world, the need for quality childcare has never been greater. Whether you wish to have a rewarding career in childcare or have ambitions to eventually run your own childcare business, this course would provide the first step on a highly worthwhile and fulfilling career.
This CACHE Level 1 Caring for Children distance learning course is a great introduction to a career in Child care, one of the most important professions to enter. What is more, successful completion of this course will give you a nationally recognised qualification.
This home study Early Years Foundation Level 4 course provides guidance for practitioners on meeting the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage framework, and it aims to provide useful advice and detailed information for supporting and managing children’s learning and development.
This distance learning Child Psychology course is designed for people who wish to gain an understanding of the principles and practice of Child Psychology and the development of children.
Bringing up happy, healthy, well adjusted children has always been something of a challenge. This course has been developed to give you key information regarding this crucial aspect of managing behaviour effectively in bringing up children.