Choose by course
- A Levels
- Animal Care
- Beauty & Nails
- Bookkeeping & Accounts
- BTEC Qualifications
- Bundles & Offers
- Business & Management
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Child Care, Early Years & Teaching Assistant
- Counselling Courses
- Crime, Forensics & Law
- Design & AutoCAD
- Digital Photography
- Event Management & Catering
- Fitness, Health & Anatomy
- Health and Social Care
- Information Technology
- Logistics & Transport
- New A Levels
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- Project Management, Property & Travel
- Psychology & Sociology
- Short Courses
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical Studies
- Web Design
- Writing & Journalism
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - Level 3 Certificate of Achievement by ABC
- Course Code: CLD06
This course in full will cost
£395.00 - £295.00
4 monthly payments of
About this course
The early years of a child's life are absolutely crucial in his or her future health and happiness. Whether you simply wish to enjoy a rewarding career in childcare, or have ambitions to eventually run your own childcare business, this course from UK Distance Learning and Publishing would provide the first step on a highly worthwhile and fulfilling career.
Unit 1 The Development of children fron Birth to 16 years
Unit 2 Parenting and family Values
Unit 3 Keeping childen safe indoors and outdoors
Unit 4 Child Protection
Unit 5 Tackling bullying
Unit 6 Early childhood education
Unit 7 Diet, Nutrition and Exercise
Unit 8 Working with disabled children and their families
Unit 9 Children's rights and Anti-discriminatory Practice
Unit 10 Working in partnership with parents
UNIT ONE - THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN FROM BIRTH TO SIXTEEN YEARS
- The development of children from birth through to sixteen years
UNIT TWO - PARENTING AND FAMILY VALUES
- Family Life and how it has changed
- The different styles of parenting
- Exploring feelings and emotions
- A guide to social skills and manners
UNIT THREE - KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE INDOORS AND OUTDOORS
- Maintaining safety within the home
- Maintaining safety in the garden
- Child safety when on the move
- Maintaining appropriate hygiene procedures
UNIT FOUR - CHILD PROTECTION
- Types, signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Helping children to protect themselves against abuse
- Procedures to follow in cases of child abuse
- Caring for children who have suffered abuse
UNIT FIVE - TACKLING BULLYING
- An overview of the bully
- An overview of the victim
- Recognising the different types of bullying
- Understanding why bullying happens
- Dealing with incidents of bullying
UNIT SIX - EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication, language and literacy development
- Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical development
- Creative development
UNIT SEVEN - DIET, NUTRITION AND EXERCISE
- The principles of nutrition
- The principles of exercise
- Meal planning
- Allergies and intolerances
- Catering for different diets
UNIT EIGHT - WORKING WITH DISABLED CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES
- Understanding disabilities in children
- Definitions of impairment and disability
- Inclusion of children with disabilities
- Providing play and learning activities for disabled children
- Working with families of disabled children
UNIT NINE - CHILDREN'S RIGHTS AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATORY PRACTICE
- Exploring children's rights
- Exploring anti-discriminatory practice
- Exploring the effects of discrimination
UNIT TEN - WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS
- Exploring the different types of families
- Working together to provide for children's development and well being
- Communication between the childcare practitioner, parents and school
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards' Quality Licence Scheme. This means that UK Distance Learning & Publishing has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by UK Distance Learning & Publishing to meet specific learners' and/or employers' requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards' endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards is a leading national Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, and the Welsh Government. It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. As a registered charity, ABC Awards combines 180 years of expertise but also implements a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards also offers Ofqual regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
 Regulators for exams and assessments in England and Wales
- The course comes to you as a proper paper-based pack, not as an electronic password
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to email in order to contact your tutor.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work, guide you through the course and assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
This CACHE course from UK Distance Learning and Publishing, one of the UK's leading home study companies, is a further step in the field of Child Care, one of the most important professions to enter. As a practitioner, you will have responsibility for the development of children's lives at a crucial stage. Whether you are starting out in this field or are already working in it, you will find essential information which will be of benefit to you in terms of developing your understanding of the wider childcare context and in enhancing your knowledge and skills.
This course has been developed to give those already working as a childminder or those contemplating a career as one to understand the key aspects and responsibilities of this demanding but rewarding role.
This course has been developed for those already working in the Child Care sector and for those who hope to, perhaps as a Home Practitioner, where the responsibilities involve the close observation of children's development. The course will provide the knowledge necessary to carry out these duties professionally and thoroughly.
This CACHE Level 2 Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care qualification provides an ideal taster for learners who may be new to the sector or new to the world of work. It is accessible to learners of all ages who may want to understand more about working in health and social care. It aims to introduce some basic concepts of caring and preparation for employment in the sector.
This NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools course is available to learners 16+ who are interested in working within a school, particularly in the role of a Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant or Learning Support Assistant.