Choose by course
- A Levels
- Animal Care
- Beauty & Nails
- Bookkeeping & Accounts
- BTEC & Construction Qualifications
- Bundles & Offers
- Business & Management
- Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW)
- Child Care, Early Years & Teaching Assistant
- Counselling Courses
- Crime, Forensics & Law
- Design & AutoCAD
- Digital Photography
- Event Management & Catering
- Fitness, Health & Anatomy
- Health and Social Care
- Information Technology
- Logistics & Transport
- New A Levels
- PRINCE2 Project Management
- Project Management, Property & Travel
- Psychology & Sociology
- Short Courses
- Supply Chain Management
- Technical Studies
- Web Design
- Writing & Journalism
- Course Length - 12 Months
- Award Received - Level 3 Certificate of Achievement by ABC
- Course Code: CLD06
This course in full will cost
3 monthly payments of
About this course
The early years of a child's life are absolutely crucial in his or her future health and happiness. Whether you are interested in a rewarding career in childcare, or have ambitions to eventually run your own childcare business, this course from UK Distance Learning and Publishing would provide the first step on a highly worthwhile and fulfilling career. This home study course is designed to give you a strong theoretical base on which to build towards further study, boost your CV when applying for work experience, or to act as a useful piece of CPD (Continuing Professional Development.)
Unit 1 The Development of children fron Birth to 16 years
Unit 2 Parenting and family Values
Unit 3 Keeping childen safe indoors and outdoors
Unit 4 Child Protection
Unit 5 Tackling bullying
Unit 6 Early childhood education
Unit 7 Diet, Nutrition and Exercise
Unit 8 Working with disabled children and their families
Unit 9 Children's rights and Anti-discriminatory Practice
Unit 10 Working in partnership with parents
UNIT ONE - THE DEVELOPMENT OF CHILDREN FROM BIRTH TO SIXTEEN YEARS
- The development of children from birth through to sixteen years
UNIT TWO - PARENTING AND FAMILY VALUES
- Family Life and how it has changed
- The different styles of parenting
- Exploring feelings and emotions
- A guide to social skills and manners
UNIT THREE - KEEPING CHILDREN SAFE INDOORS AND OUTDOORS
- Maintaining safety within the home
- Maintaining safety in the garden
- Child safety when on the move
- Maintaining appropriate hygiene procedures
UNIT FOUR - CHILD PROTECTION
- Types, signs and symptoms of child abuse
- Helping children to protect themselves against abuse
- Procedures to follow in cases of child abuse
- Caring for children who have suffered abuse
UNIT FIVE - TACKLING BULLYING
- An overview of the bully
- An overview of the victim
- Recognising the different types of bullying
- Understanding why bullying happens
- Dealing with incidents of bullying
UNIT SIX - EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication, language and literacy development
- Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical development
- Creative development
UNIT SEVEN - DIET, NUTRITION AND EXERCISE
- The principles of nutrition
- The principles of exercise
- Meal planning
- Allergies and intolerances
- Catering for different diets
UNIT EIGHT - WORKING WITH DISABLED CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES
- Understanding disabilities in children
- Definitions of impairment and disability
- Inclusion of children with disabilities
- Providing play and learning activities for disabled children
- Working with families of disabled children
UNIT NINE - CHILDREN'S RIGHTS AND ANTI-DISCRIMINATORY PRACTICE
- Exploring children's rights
- Exploring anti-discriminatory practice
- Exploring the effects of discrimination
UNIT TEN - WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP WITH PARENTS
- Exploring the different types of families
- Working together to provide for children's development and well being
- Communication between the childcare practitioner, parents and school
At the end of this course successful learners will receive a Certificate of Achievement from ABC Awards and a Learner Unit Summary (which lists the details of all the units the learner has completed as part of the course).
The course has been endorsed under the ABC Awards' Quality Licence Scheme. This means that UK Distance Learning & Publishing has undergone an external quality check to ensure that the organisation and the courses it offers, meet certain quality criteria. The completion of this course alone does not lead to an Ofqual regulated qualification but may be used as evidence of knowledge and skills towards regulated qualifications in the future. The unit summary can be used as evidence towards Recognition of Prior Learning if you wish to progress your studies in this sector. To this end the learning outcomes of the course have been benchmarked at Level 3 against level descriptors published by Ofqual, to indicate the depth of study and level of demand/complexity involved in successful completion by the learner.
The course itself has been designed by UK Distance Learning & Publishing to meet specific learners' and/or employers' requirements which cannot be satisfied through current regulated qualifications. ABC Awards' endorsement involves robust and rigorous quality audits by external auditors to ensure quality is continually met. A review of courses is carried out as part of the endorsement process.
ABC Awards is a leading national Awarding Organisation, regulated by Ofqual, and the Welsh Government. It has a long-established reputation for developing and awarding high quality vocational qualifications across a wide range of industries. As a registered charity, ABC Awards combines 180 years of expertise but also implements a responsive, flexible and innovative approach to the needs of our customers.
Renowned for excellent customer service, and quality standards, ABC Awards also offers Ofqual regulated qualifications for all ages and abilities post-14; all are developed with the support of relevant stakeholders to ensure that they meet the needs and standards of employers across the UK.
 Regulators for exams and assessments in England and Wales
- The course comes to you as a proper paper-based pack, not as an electronic password
- You will get full tutor support via email
- You will receive feedback on your assignments from our experienced tutors
- You will be given guidance through the Study Guide on the nuts and bolts of studying and submitting assignments
- Postal assignments cannot be accepted without prior permission from the tutor
- You must have access to email in order to contact your tutor.
The course contains a number of assignments which your tutor will mark and give you valuable feedback on. We call these Tutor Marked Assignments (TMAs). You need only send the TMAs to your tutor for comment, not the self-assessment exercises which are also part of the course to help you gauge your progress.
This course can be taken over a 12 month period but you can complete it as fast or as slowly as you wish.
You will have access to a tutor via email who will mark your work, guide you through the course and assist you with any problems you may have. In addition you will be supplied with a comprehensive Study Guide which will help you through the study and assessment process.
our CACHE Level 3 Award in Childcare and Education (VRQ) home study course prepares students to progress to the CACHE Level 3 Certificate in Childcare and Education (VRQ) and then on to the CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) (VRQ), which enables you to gain the knowledge and experience which will allow you to work with children from birth to 5 years.
This UK Distance Learning Early Years course has been endorsed by CACHE. CACHE is the UK's only specialist awarding body for qualifications relating to the childcare sector. As such, their endorsement carries a great deal of weight with professionals working in the industry.This particular qualification has been written by UKDLP primarily for the purposes of CPD (Continuing Professional Development). This means it would be ideal for anyone currently working in the childcare industry who wants to refresh their knowledge and give their CV a boost. It would also be of great use to any childcare provider seeking an addition to their in-house training programme, or for someone just starting out in childcare who is interested in the Early Years stage of child development.In addition, this course would be a brilliant preparation for anyone interested in one of our Level 3 QCF CACHE courses, which are full national qualifications requiring a high level of study.
This course is designed for those who are thinking of working, or who are planning to work, in a range of childcare occupations. It will provide progression to the Early Learning and Childcare, Social Care and Learning Development and Support Services workforces. To work in a supervised capacity requires a Level 2 competence qualification for which this course is designed. This course is suitable for anyone working with children or who would like to start a career in childcare. However, please be aware that you will need to volunteer or already be working in a childcare setting for assessment purposes.
This distance learning Diet, Excercise & Nutrition for Children course is designed to equip you with the theoretical knowledge, information and resources needed to educate parents, and children up to 12 years old, how to lead healthier lifestyles. The need to be fit and healthy is a growing concern. Children are increasingly becoming overweight due to poor diet and lack of exercise, with all of the associated risks to health and wellbeing. The long term solution to this problem is education and permanent lifestyle changes. This course will focus on nutrition and exercise for children. You will acquire a wealth of knowledge about the body and how it can be influenced by intelligent food choices and smart exercise. You will also learn how poor food choices can have a detrimental effect leading to health problems later in life.
Our NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism will develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism - covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.